Microsoft .NET
The Server
Technical Support

Sponsored Links

User Groups : Forums : SiteExperts : The Lounge :

Previous DiscussionNext Discussion
 Visual Source Safe issue -- pretty urgent

Ok, here's the problem:

First, I MUST use Visual Source Safe (company decision, not mine). Anyway, I can check out a file (using the VSS Editor) and edit it. But when I check it back in, the changes aren't applied to the checked in file. I have to have a co-worker do a check out/check in for the changes I made to take effect.

What could be the problem? This is kind of an urgent matter, as I have been having this co-worker check out/in several times per day, and it's probably starting to drive both of us batty.

Started By Monte on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:30:50 AM

4 Response(s) | Reply

View All Replies
brian on Jan 31, 2011 at 12:57:00 AM

Sounds like a config issue on the VSS server/repository or possibly the web interface although I've not used VSS for a while and don't ever remember it having a web interface.

If a colleague can check out or access your changes they are in there.

If the web thing is a third party tool it is most likely that. We had loads of issues with third party stuff since they locked the repository for backup and things like that. we almost lost our entire set of source code because of that one.

These days using SVN which has its own issues but is better.

View All Replies

To respond to a discussion, you must first logon.

If you are not registered, please register yourself to become a member of the SiteExperts.community.

User Name
Password
Copyright 1997-2000 InsideDHTML.com, LLC. All rights reserved.