Internet Explorer
Microsoft .NET
The Server
Technical Support

Sponsored Links

User Groups : Forums : SiteExperts : The Wireless Internet :

Previous DiscussionNext Discussion
 Wireless Internet Disconnect Problem!

Hello, I'm new to the site but looking for help! I just recently purchased a new computer.. and set it up two days ago.. It came with a wireless internet card, a Gigabyte GN-WP01 GS PCI WLAN Card(Turbo).

It all works pretty well, except I get disconnected (and reconnected again within 3-5 seconds).
So far its never happened while I've been using it, but I tend to leave Aol Instant Messenger on and It is always off when I return.. (Connection Lost).

I really want to fix this problem, in the past I've had other computers with wireless and no disconnecting problems so I don't feel as though its my router which is Linksys and works very well.

Thanks!

Started By skcorrelyt on Dec 23, 2006 at 9:23:48 PM

2 Response(s) | Reply

Earlier Replies | Replies 1 to 2 of 2 | Later Replies
bod1467 on Dec 24, 2006 at 4:38:01 AM (# 1)

It's probably a Sleep or Power-Save mode in your wifi card utility settings. I don't have that card so I can't advise.

swatstrike on Dec 31, 2006 at 8:33:44 AM (# 2)

Hey there. I have the same problem from what you encountered. I am using gigabyte wireless card too and i often get disconnected and reconnects in seconds. This makes things difficult to be done. From what i have find out, it is the configuration of the card. You have to search online for the helps. The last resort would be an email to Gigabyte. Well i have not solve my problems yet. So Good Luck!

Earlier Replies | Replies 1 to 2 of 2 | Later Replies

To respond to a discussion, you must first logon.

If you are not registered, please register yourself to become a member of the SiteExperts.community.

User Name
Password
Copyright 1997-2004 InsideDHTML.com, LLC. All rights reserved.