| Help, IE vs AOL on my DSL, hanging sites Only Google works|
Something really strange is going on with my home computers. 3 users in my home use AOL to access the internet over our DSL. I used to get on their computers and go right to IE. Since early November Yahoo has not been accessible this way. Any MS security updates around that time. I also noted some spybot activity on my Hosts file. It looked like some legitimate ms, mcaffee and other sites were redirected. The strangest thing is that Google works all over the place. Other things that don't work are most https sites. Although my work email secure site works. We have stumped the AOL help desk and they are placing the blame on a corrupt IE platform - what do they mean by that?? and how did it hit 3 machines one still on Windows 98 using AOL 7. And to top it all off I have no problems with my work laptop connected to the same home router (so that makes 1 wireless that works, 2 wireless and 1 hard wired computer that do not work.
Here some of the facts
- Uses IE 6.0
- Cannot get to www.yahoo.com outside of AOL but can ping it, DNS returns a valid pingable address
- windowsupdate is not accessable
- my work computer with no AOL works perfectly
- not much was changed although auto updates are usually accepted
- this affect 3 computers with 1 xp sp1, 1 sp sp2 (aol 9.0) and 1 windows 98(aol 7.0)
- Cannot go from a museum site to purchase tickets to a star wars exhibit
- cannot visit most finacial sites
- can get to my https webmail site.
Started By rwathome on Nov 24, 2007 at 1:53:58 AM