Internet Explorer
Microsoft .NET
The Server
Technical Support

Sponsored Links

User Groups : Forums : SiteExperts : Internet Explorer :

Previous DiscussionNext Discussion
 More than 2 Simultanious Downloads Internet explorer 6 on XP

I need to be able to download more than 2 files at the same time and canīt find where to change this option, where do I specify the amount of simultanious downloads I want?????

Please HELPPPP

Started By mbaez on Jul 19, 2002 at 1:56:30 PM

4 Response(s) | Reply

Earlier Replies | Replies 1 to 4 of 4 | Later Replies
kgayda on Jul 19, 2002 at 4:57:56 PM (# 1)

You only have a given amount of bandwidth so downloading more files simultaneously won't buy you much.

Chipset on Jul 20, 2002 at 6:15:51 AM (# 2)

Why don't you use a download manager like Flashget. You can pause downloads and restart them. I have even used it to fix corrupted downloads. You can have about 4 downloads going at the same time. You can get it at http://www.amazesoft.com  . There are others but I have had the best luck with this one.

Holophrastic on Jul 20, 2002 at 9:22:48 AM (# 3)

it's a registry setting.  I don't remember where it is, but I've turned mine to 20.  That way when I get sites with low bandwidths, it doesn't stop me from downloading many things etcetera.  Well, you know the advantages.

Xteq is a program that will be able to do it.  But it has many many options through which you'l have to fish to find the right setting.  Oh one minute I'll do it for you.

Holophrastic on Jul 20, 2002 at 9:28:49 AM (# 4)

Ok here they are.  Just change them to whatever higher number you like.  The first is for HTTP 1.0 requests, the second is for 1.1 requests.  As always, be careful when modifying your registry settings, blah blah blah.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server

HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\MaxConnectionsPerServer

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\MaxConnectionsPerServer

Earlier Replies | Replies 1 to 4 of 4 | Later Replies

To respond to a discussion, you must first logon.

If you are not registered, please register yourself to become a member of the SiteExperts.community.

User Name
Password
Copyright 1997-2004 InsideDHTML.com, LLC. All rights reserved.